Friday, August 21, 2015

“Lessons Learned”

Its funny or amazing how much people can change because of a seminar or a bunch of lessons or even by just one single lesson. I have met lots of people who attended a seminar or a retreat or read a book and their entire life shifted and changed because of that one experience. It can really be a life changing experience if the lesson is really learned. The funny thing is it will keep coming back until you learn the lesson. Life will not change and the same lessons and teachers will be coming back until you truly learn the lesson. I used to really get angry when bad things happened in my life until I started asking myself what is the lesson here? Or what is life teaching me? Or what am I supposed to learn here? There were certain things in my life that seemed to be catastrophes and burdens that drove me to behave in negative and sometimes self destructive ways. Now I realize that some of these experiences were the defining moments of my life and they became my life changing experiences. Here is this email I got about people who walk into our lives…

When you know which one it is for a person, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a Godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize it that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered, and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

You job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.”

Author Unknown

We should celebrate every person that comes into our lives for they all have a purpose. I celebrate every single encounter with every single human being for I am blessed by each one, in so many ways. Some I am not even aware of but I know I am always blessed by every encounter. So I now welcome people of all kinds to make an influence on my life. I recognize that everyone has a story to tell, a lesson to teach, or a message to give. There are no coincidences in life. Since I have been doing this I have opened my heart up to accept people and search for the goodness in each one. There is goodness in every person but we have learned to look for their imperfections rather than their good. The last line in the song Alfie goes “When you walk let your heart lead the way and you will find love every day.”


Suffering is optional. Walking around with fear in your heart is optional. Walking with your heart leading the way is the way for love to enter your life. You only have to choose between love and fear. We choose our reality and we create our own reality. That is why two people living in the same neighborhood can have a different view of life or have different realities. Life eventually deals us the same set of cards but we have different ways of playing with the cards dealt us. Change the way you look at life and those around you and your life will change. You will start to see more of the good and less of the bad. The more you do this the more it is validated and the more you see the good in others and yourself. Then you bless it and it increases even more. Because whatever you bless will increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment