Sunday, December 8, 2013

We Are One

We Are One

A crisis came to the country that united some of the country's professional speakers into banding together in a loose coalition to give seminars for the benefit of the rehabilitation of the hard hit areas by Yolanda. Ricky de Vera shared his thoughts to Lloyd Luna who posted a shout out in Facebook if someone knew of a venue we could use to stage a seminar for the benefit of Yolanda survivors. Some heeded the call and a thread started. Several speakers expressed their willingness to donate their time and talent to the worthy cause. Billy Dominguez of Green Circle Realty immediately offered his training room. I spoke to Ivy Villanueva of Vista Center for Professional Development and she also readily agreed to offer her venue.

A date was finally agreed on. December 7, 2013 was the first of a series of empowerment seminars. The theme of the day Be Empowered. Six speakers were to talk for 45 minutes each plus a Q & A after and a panel discussion with Secretary General Gwen Pang, Pocholo Gonzales and JC Libiran and a special opening exercise by Ayee Domingo.

It was a great day of learning starting with the open prayer and breathing exercises done by Ms. Ayee Domingo. The first speaker was Randy Esguerra taking about Resilience, followed by Ricky De Vera on being an inspiration to others, and Boris Joaquin to end the morning with the crafting of a personal mission statement. The afternoon session started with Janette Torral's selfie journey and I did an exercise on Victim Responsible. Pido Aguilar then spoke about Moments. The panel discussion was the last activity with Eric Salve of Red Cross, Pocholo Gonzales and JC Libiran.

I chose to stay the whole day to listen to the wonderful speakers. Each with their own style and area of expertise. I was glad I stayed. It is always an enriching experence learning from other speakers. I feel it is also my responsibility to keep on growing and learning. I attend seminars when I can, I constantly read books and listen to audio books. It is part of sharpening the saw, which I believe is a duty as a professional speaker.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment